Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Will my John Deere 410 extend fit on a John Deere 410G.

Customer Question
Will my John Deere...

Will my John Deere 410 extend hoe fit on a John Deere 410G

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial no. 296173, model 410

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

My 410 differential has give up but I have a opportunity to purchase a nice 410G that. the owner has removed the backhoe from it and is selling it as is

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No I think that does it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/28/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Click on the two links below and you will see that the backhoe ttachment for both vintage machines are different and mount differently. In order to make this happen it is going to take probably quite a bit of welding and fabrication for modifications in order to make this work over and above what it would be worth doing so. The two styles of attachments are not compatible with one another in their factory form. The short answer is no. They are not interchangeable.

Straight 410 mounting frame:

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/83634/referrer/navigation/pgId/268122

410G mounting frame:

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/77877/referrer/navigation/pgId/377025300

Hi Dan, I want to thank you for the information you provided me Your research was great and probably something that I could not have done. I will definitely be using your services in the future. Regards

You are very welcome and it's been a pleasure working with you.