Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

What's the best way to replace the fuel pickup tube in an…

Customer Question
What's the best way...

What's the best way to replace the fuel pickup tube in an 863

Mechanic's Assistant: What type of fuel do you typically use? When was your last oil change?

Diesel, non op for over 2 years so idk about the oil

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you confirm the make, model, and year of your Pickup? Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Bobcat 863, idk the year

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/22/2020
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline between 3-4 Pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2-3 pm CST for the day.

Try this 1st

pull the line up through the grommet accessed from under the seat with the cab up.

If not, remove the side access panel and tire, loosen the pump on the engine.

I hope this helps you.

Which side panel, right or left?which panel, right or left?i was told by customer service i would get a free phone consult dsue to the long wait. do you know anything about this?

HI,

If memory serves, it was the right side.

"I am a site user like you and I cannot see your account details or information, but Customer Service is happy to assist you. You can contact them here: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Just Answer might prompt you for a phone call,

that request is not from me and is not necessary.

We can work from here.

Hearing Issues on the phone.

1/2) I'm not at all familiar with bobcats. I've diagnosed the problem but when you say "under the seat with the cab up" I have no idea what you are talking abo2/2) ut. I waited over an hour and thus far have received no info that is going to help me.

Tilt the cab, remove the seat.............

To gain access.