Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

410 backhoe the reverse with not have anything going forward…

Customer Question
410 backhoe the reverse...

410 backhoe the reverse with not have anything going forward going back it slip a little

Mechanic's Assistant: Can you confirm the year of your Forward?

No serial number on it it does have a flat rear end cover

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the approximate mileage? When did you last have it serviced?

All fitlers are new john deere just change the trans doing the same thing

Mechanic's Assistant: The Mechanic will know how to help. Anything else you want them to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/17/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is*****'ll be glad to try to help you out with this. I wish I would've connected with you before you changed the filters and oil because the important part of that process is not so much installing new oil and filters , but inspecting what is inside the old filters , the transmission suction screen, oil condition, and whether or not there is signs of metal or debris within the oil or filters , etc. including dark or discolored oil, burnt smell, etc. that would confirm internal mechanical problems requiring disassembly for further inspection for repair or rebuild of the reverser / transmission assembly. The next step would be to have your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within OEM specifications for your model and serial number service book . The symptoms you are describing lean towards excessive internal leakage within your transmission or reverser assembly which would require disassembly for repair or rebuild unfortunately. I recommend having your pressures tested to see if your pressures are low or if they are dropping off indicating internal leakage. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

where are port to pressures check

That information would be covered in the service book for your model and serial number machine which would be your responsibility to own or purchase for your machine. I can probably help you out with what the pressures are supposed to be but as far as your ports and all of those details, you would really need to acquire the service book for your machine if you want to perform these tests yourself. And should have it on hand when getting this involved with troubleshooting or potential rebuild of your own components.

Keep me posted.