Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 743 bobcat, the arm has no pressure down and when I…

Customer Question
I have a 743...

I have a 743 bobcat, the arm has no pressure down and when I am run the left pedal for the arm and push the right pedal for bucket tilt it reverses the action of the left pedal.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Customer:###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/14/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi my name is*****'ll be glad to try to help you out. If you are experiencing these type of problems in certain hydraulic functions or circuits, thoroughly inspect the control valve spools for any damage or debris as well as confirming they are moving freely. Check the relief valve cartridges in your main control valve and within those circuits as well for any damaged O-rings, debris, or any other damage or scoring within the internal machined parts that would cause them to malfunction, stick, or bypass pressure. If all this checks out okay after visual inspection, have your pressures tested with mechanical gauges to confirm that your pressures test within the OEM specifications covered your model and serial number service book. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.