Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a kubota rx303 mini excavator and a r3d light started…

I have a kubota...

I have a kubota rx303 mini excavator and a r3d light started flashing on the control screen and also an alarm now some of the hydraulic controls aren’t working any ideas what this could be thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I have no idea they are all worn off I only got the Rex 303 from googling the images of the machine thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No my name is Cal

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a kubota Rex 303 mini excavator red light and alarm has come on also some hydraulic controls not working
9/11/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Dan, Technician

Hi Cal, my name is***** will be glad to try to help you out with this. This is a warning alarm that a default has been detected on the machine. I recommend first checking all of your fluid levels and verifying that they are all topped off as well as checking all of your fuses and relays. Be sure to check your left hand console safety lever for proper operation as well. Check for any wiring going to your seat for a possible safety interlock switch for if the operator was to leave the seat causing the functions to be disabled. This is where I would start with your checks. Reply back with the results of these checks of any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Dan all fluids are good the machine starts no problem but not all controls work it will swing the blade goes up and down but boom is stuck down on the ground
Check all of the things that I have mentioned but if you have certain circuits that are inoperative within your hydraulics, the problem is commonly found within the main control valve or relief valve cartridges on your machine. Check your relief valve cartridges in the main control valve for those circuits for any metal or debris as well as any damaged o-rings that would cause them to malfunction or bypass pressure. Check your control valve spools as well to make sure that they move freely and are without any scoring or damage. Check inside your hydraulic filter for any fine metal or debris that would flag a potential pump or component failure which would look like glitter in the oil and filter if present. If this is clean,you will want to have your precious tested and confirmed whether or not they are within OEM specifications for your model and serial number service book.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
One thing I didn’t mention is that the controls that work will only go one way so you can boom down but not up and you can offset the boom or mast one way but not back thought this might help we are going to look at all the things you mentioned thanks Dan
On excavators the hydraulic functions are split between the pumps that are coupled together but if it were a pump problem you would be experiencing at least travel problems as well and swing. Check to see if you have a boom sensor and arm sensor that has electrical wire going to it on your boom and your arm. If you have one of these proximity sensors then check the wiring going to them for problems. If you have the potentiometer style sensor it will disable your functions as those sensors are to prevent the operator from pulling the bucket back too close to the cab. You can also access the online parts catalog to use as reference for component locations and parts breakdowns for your model and serial number machine.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Dan we found a sensor on the boom faulty thanks again

Thank you for the update and I'm glad to hear that you got this resolved. It's been a pleasure working with you on this..

Dan, Technician