Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Wayne I have a question Need a second opinion My jd310D

Wayne I have a question Need...
Wayne I have a question
Need a second opinion
My jd310D backhoe won’t go forward
It’ll go backwards with ease
I had run hydraulic fluids low and thought that was the problem.
Everything else works fine hydraulically
I had wheels of ground selected reverse and it’s fine
But In selected forward nothing
My other tech convinced it’s the fed/ rev hand selector is bad . Since this is such an expensive part .
Do you concur
9/8/2020
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 1 year ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, Thank you for requesting me.

I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline between 3-4 Pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2-3 pm CST.

Do you have voltage at the forward solenoid?

Thank you for the response.

I suggest replacing the forward solenoid.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you show me the part

This is straight from the JD parts book

300D, 310D and 315D Backhoe Loader.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Can you give me a part number please
Because that appears to be the solenoid coil ?can it be Ck with a jumper wire to see if it moves ?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The link goes to the complete torque converter and the p/n doesn’t show up on their website
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you still there, that p/ n is the complete torque converter?

Yes, I am here............

I work with 2-5 customers at a time, and it takes a bit to answer at times.

JD no longer sells just the solenoid, that is why I sent yo the other link, scroll down for the solenoid.

792483

Wayne, Journeyman