Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bobcat 753 C Series. The bobcat runs and drives…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a bobcat...
Hello, I have a bobcat 753 C Series. The bobcat runs and drives properly with all indicator lights on the BICS panel. The issue I'm having now is that the lift arm and tilt cylinder will not work. I have tested the power to and from the Selenoids that work with the hydraulic and cannot figure out why they will not work. The lift arms move about 3/16" up and down and then stop abruptly. Any ideas please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/1/2020
Mechanic: Mikael, Construction and Road Equipment-expert replied 1 year ago
Mikael
Mikael, Construction and Road Equipment-expert

Hello

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is*****'d like to try and help. I am sorry that you are having issues. I know this can be frustrating. I'm a technician of all kind of industrial equipment and I will try to help you today.

It sounds like the BICS system is waiting for another input. It could be the seat bar sensor, a pedal or handle out of neutral, or maybe even the engine speed sensor. If engine speed is not over about 500 rpm the machine will lock. Are there any fault codes being displayed? Follow all Safety and Maintenance Procedures as illustrated in the Operation and Maintenance Manuals for your machine! Remember to click ACCEPT if this info helps. Ask me more questions if necessary.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks Mikael. The seatbar sensor is working and is shows on the BICS as a green light. Not flashing. the machine is neutral and is not moving when I try and activate the lift arms. The engine speed is at idle and I tried revving it to a higher speed and still not response.The machine wants to raise the lift arms, but something is stopping it to do so. I have no leaks at all and the return lines seem to work since I can move the lift arms 3/16" back and forth. Tilt does not respond, just jerking back and forth as if there is oil only moving in a certain space.

Thanks for the update...Let's do this: Locate the ground wires that run from the bics coil and brake solenoid in the main harness.

bobcat spliced several grounds together in the main harness, often the ground that runs back to the battery or engine block is damaged.Replace the wiring and add another ground over to the frame at a convenient location.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have located the brake selenoid wires which are Red/white, Black and white. Is black ground?I have located the main wiring harness as well just under the cab, which is connected to a 21pin connector. I have multiple colors and I'm not quite sure which one is ground.

black is

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello Mikael, I have gone through the whole machine and checked every ground wire. From the cables to the frame I have sufficient ground and in the harness as well. I added a wire from frame to cab just to make sure.I have started up the machine again with ease and the machine runs and drives and all lights are showing on the BICS (not flashing). Since the lift arm and tilt are not working and the machine sounds like it's blocking the travel of the cylinders, is it possible that there is a lock-valve of some sort in the system?

It's very possible there is a lock-valve of some sort in the system.

I've seen cases like these before..Please inspect and let me know what you find.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As an update, I dismantled the main hydraulic block and changed every oring and seal. The foot controls feel much better now when I activate them, but I still have the same issue. The lift arms and tilt does not want to move.