Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

S300 Bobcat skid steer.hydraulics lock up.turn key off and…

Customer Question
S300 Bobcat skid steer.hydraulics...

S300 Bobcat skid steer.hydraulics lock up.turn key off and restart and it works,

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2008 S300 .dont have serial #

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Cleaned all grounds,checked voltage,13.5 volts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Hydraulics lock up weather i'm working it hard or idling work,rough terrain or smooth.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
9/2/2020
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 2 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings, are you hearing three short beeps from the alarm when this happens?

Good, that will help us. S300 could be either a G series or K series machine. Whenever you hear those three short beeps from the alarm that's the main controller (computer) telling you it's seeing a fault somewhere. Whenever you hear those three short beeps, don't do anything else, don't shut it down. Instead, immediately check for fault codes in the hour meter display that are causing the alert. On a G series machine you would press and hold down the headlight button to bring up the codes. On a K series you would press the menu button on the left panel and scroll through the menu to the codes. Once you shut it down it wipes those codes from the main controller. If you're not sure which series your machine is, the easiest way to tell is the engine cooling fan, on a G series it's belt driven, on a K series it's hydraulic motor driven. Let me know what you find.

K, will check it out tommorow.

No problem, I'll await your reply then.

Thanks.

You're welcome.

Hello.the code comes up 32-50.this was a keyless machine.had computer problems. Changed over to keyed. Serial#531115899 , S300 , 2007.

Greetings, been a busy day for me, just now able to log in. 32-50 is ACS tilt actuator short to ground. First thing I'd try is disconnecting both lift and tilt actuators from their harness connection and swap them, see if you now get code 32-49 ACS lift actuator short to ground. If you do, most likely the tilt actuator has gone south internally requiring replacement.

Okay, thanks.

Any news?