Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1977 Furukawa Fl 120 wheel loader. It has a auto…

Customer Question
I have a 1977...

I have a 1977 Furukawa Fl 120 wheel loader . It has a auto clutch type trans I believe , it has forward reverse and 4 gears also has a clutch but u do not need to use it to shift from forward or reverse . It’s also all wheel drieve . what kind of fluid does the trans take

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/25/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Ok

They use the same oil in the transmission as in the engine, usually, it is 15W40 engine oil!

It looks like there is two hydraulic lines tho that go from the hydraulic reservoir , to the trans so I thought that it was supposed to take hydraulic fluidI mean maybe the lines do run to the trans but it almost looks like they run to two diff pumps that are on top the trans
Also the trans doesn't have a dipstick you check and fill it like you would a rear end or with gear oil . By filling it with fluid until it starts pouring out of the top boltI can send pics

So, I wasn't clear, fluid is the same for hydraulic and transmission! So actually all you need is one oil for engine, transmission and hydraulic.

Ok I'm sorry I am probably confusing u , I just looked and the lines from the hydraulic res do run to the top of trans but it looks like they run to two diff pro pumps on top of trans . So I think it takes trans fluid

All the same!

All the same what ?Which type ?

15W40 engine oil!

Wow ok even the hydraulic res takes engine oil ?

YES