Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

1999 JLG 600A man lift: I replaced the basket pivot three…

Customer Question
Second opinion] 1999 JLG...

Second opinion] 1999 JLG 600A man lift: I replaced the basket pivot three hoses and the platform level up hose. After that was done, I seem to have lost Reverse. Forward is fine. Reverse brings up engine RPM but zero movement. I quickly flipped the lever on the pump solenoid thinking that solenoid is what determines Forward vs. Reverse (is that correct?) When momentarily flipped the motor went under strain and almost stalled.Then, lost forward too!. I decided to power wash the rig. After that I had forward back but still no reverse.Also, the basket rotate is doing nothing. I hear the pump strain when swivel activated (either left or right) but no evidence of hydraulic pressure at the swivel hydraulic motor...do these lines need to be bled? Three smaller hoses to the swivel motor. I assume one is a return and the others are Right and Left?Rest of hydraulics seem to be fine. Steering good. Tower cylinders working nicely. There is fluid in the reservoir.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Serial number: 087921-03000408611999 JLG 600A

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Industrial Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, that should be it

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/22/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 1 year ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

You may have gotten debris in the system, and the reverse valve may mot be moving. Remove the reverse valve and clean it. Also check to be sure the solenoid coil is getting battery voltage to shift t.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
To verify, the Forward / Reverse valve is one unit? And it is located at the bottom of the hydraulic pump (behind the engine) and it has a manual lever (to switch valve directions?)? Thank you

http://www.cigpower.com.tw/up-files/parts%20manual/3121206.pdf

I'm thinking they are in the main valve block!