Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Have an 05 takeuchi tb 135 was idling swung around to leave…

Have an 05 takeuchi...

Have an 05 takeuchi tb 135 was idling swung around to leave and it died there is power to the starter and shut down solenoid but no power to instrument panel or the remote fuel pump fuses and in line fuses are fine but part of the fuse panel has no power not sure where to look next

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Mod. TB135 ser. 13515869

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Also checked wiring harness doesn't seem to have any issues there

8/16/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Sorry to hear you're having these troubles with this machine. First test your battery with a digital battery tester to confirm there are no bad cells or other internal problems with the battery that would cause it not to perform within its rated cranking amp capacity. Check all your cables and connections for any corrosion or damage as well as making sure that they are making good contact between the battery and starter motor including all ground connections to the frame. Check your relays and swap like relays with a known good one for testing purposes as you could potentially have a faulty relay not allowing power to get to your accessories. Thoroughly inspect your wiring harness and connector pins for any corrosion or damage that would cause a short or open circuit. Verify power in and out of your ignition switch in each switched position for a possible ignition switch problem. Click on this link below to access and reference the complete parts catalog with parts diagrams in order to locate and isolate your electrical components within your ignition circuit. Reply back with the results of these checks if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

https://kattrak.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/PARTS-MANUAL-TB135-BG4Z010.pdf

Ok so the battery tests fine 13 vdc as does the starter and alt the starter works fine turns it over fine checked all wiring harnesses and plugs they all seem fine is there a certain relay that feeds the instrument panel I haven't been able to determine that

The relays are shown in the parts catalog link that I posted in my original post and there is not a designated relay that feeds your instrument panel. Test the fuses as I instructed and if you go to the parts manual link on PDF file page 148 you will see that there are some in-line fusible links as well as some diodes within the circuit I recommend testing to confirm all of that checks out good as well as checking your relays shown in the electrical section the parts manual. The relays are not specifically designated to that one circuit however you'll still want to confirm that those relays are functioning and there is no problems with corrosion or poor connections at the terminals.

Dan, Technician