Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I would like help understanding how to use a 'jumper plug'

I would like help...

I would like help understanding how to use a 'jumper plug' on my CAT 299D2 XHP.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

0299DVDX200656

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Not necessarily a fix. Need information.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I want to use a high flow attachment (rated for 40 GPM). This attachment does not have wiring or 14 pin plug. Do I 'engage' high flow mode by plugging in a 'jumper'?

8/11/2020
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Yes, most models use a jumper plug at the loader arm connector if the attachment does not have a special harness.

Let me double-check to see if this machine requires the same plug.

I think it might, and to save me a $100, CAT sent me a plug and two loose pins, so that I could solder the two pins together with wire myself.
Do you know which two pins must make the jumper? M and B? --N and B? I don't remember. I will look for your answer in the morning if that is ok?

When the machine ECM receives the correct input from the work tool harness and the auxiliary command (right-hand thumb wheel), the The ECM will send a signal to the solenoid (high flow). The solenoid (high flow) will block the oil path across the standard system relief pressure valve. The ECM will also increase the signal to solenoid controlling the auxiliary flow spool.

The machine will provide high flow capabilities when the following conditions are meet:

A high flow work tool has been detected at the work tool harness.
The auxiliary command (right-hand thumb wheel) is at 100% in the forward direction.

The(###) ###-####Plug As may be needed to run some competitive work tools.

The(###) ###-####Connector Plug Gp may be needed to run some competitive work tools.

Note: If your High Flow work tool does not have a wiring harness, a Jumper Plug should be installed on the electrical plug for the work tool control. Without this Jumper Plug, the machine will not provide high flow to the work tool. Consult your Cat dealer for the current part number for the Jumper Plug.

Sorry, I had researched all the above info before your question posted.

Note: High flow mode required an electrical connection that is located on the loader arm. Refer to Operation and Maintenance Manual, "Work Tool Operation" for additional information.

Note: The presence of either a high flow XPS or an XHP-ready work tool will be detected by the machine ECM based on the electrical connection. The ECM will then determine the maximum allowable output flow the machine may provide.

It looks like the XHP 299D2 will be jumping B and M

B and N were used on the 279D

Thank you for using JustAnswer, if you do need further help please let me know.

If you are satisfied with my service, please take a moment to provide a rating.

Thanks again, Don

CATMASTERTECH

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician