Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 1998 Case 850 G bulldozer with a 6t-5.90 cummins…

Customer Question
I have a 1998...

I have a 1998 Case 850 G bulldozer with a 6t-5.90 cummins engine that droped a rod and destroyed the block. I need help on getting a new block or find out what 5.90 block I can rebuild. . mike

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I don't have it but will get it later.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
8/8/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Click this link for a long block available.

https://www.brokentractor.com/p/case-cummins-6t590-turbo-new-long-block-plus-cs-6t590-lb-n-cs-6t590-lb-n/

https://www.fastline.com/everything-for-sale/listings/cummins-6t-590-engine/results?manufacturer=Cummins&model=6T-590+Engine&page=1

The second link above is for some used takeouts. As you can see the long block is not much more money than a used engine. You can also contact the first link which is broken tractor to check availability for a good used block as well since they specialize in used case parts. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.