Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 310 G 2004 with a fault code of F9C4 and aF455.

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 310 G 2004 with a fault code of F9C4 and aF455.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

T0310GX941630 310G backhoe loader

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I have changed out the sensor on the air intake.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

This machine will run for a while then goes into limp mode. You shut the engine off wait for a few mins then it will start up and go to full power .This happens sometimes and will not happen for a long time.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/26/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Sorry to hear you're having these troubles. F9C4 is a CAN communication fault from the Controller. Verify that all of your power and grounds check out okay going to your controller. Be sure to check all of your fuses and relays on the tractor as well as thoroughly inspect your wiring harness and connector pins going to the machine controller for any type of corrosion or damage that would cause an open circuit. If the wiring checks out okay, the problem is going to lean towards a faulty controller. F455 is displayed for engine coolant temperature input voltage high. I would resolve the controller communication fault code 1st as it is not uncommon for this fault code to cause other sensor fault codes and communication with the sensors as well resulting from the controller not communicating as it should. A new machine controller will have to be programmed and recalibrated by the dealer. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.