Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cat 289c hydraulic quick disconnect bucket stuck. I am

Customer Question
Cat 289c hydraulic quick disconnect...
Cat 289c hydraulic quick disconnect bucket stuck.
I am trying to change bucket in my 289c but hydraulic pins won't move when press the release button. I try moving the bucket several times than I notice the hoses are not moving at all. Should I replace the switch?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/11/2020
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Usually, the issue is damaged wires to the solenoid.

What is your machine's PIN?

Yes, I find the wires damaged on these most often.

Look at the area near the coupler valve at the back of the bucket.

Then check the wires where that pass through the back at the lift arms and into the machine frame.

They can get pinched and break when rubbed between the wires.