Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I need to figure out who made stack valve on jd48 so i can…

Customer Question
I need to figure...

I need to figure out who made stack valve on jd48 so i can find three new spools jd dealership can not help me

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Give me one minute

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Klv0048x041019

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I need to find a way to purchase 3 spools

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
7/5/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, It is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Sorry to hear you are having troubles coming up with some parts on your John Deere 48. This model is used as a backhoe model as well as a tractor model. Because this is a control valve section, I wousld have to say it is most likely the backhoe model you are referring to. Click on these links below to access complete parts breakdowns for your control valve parts. This will give you all the part numbers that you need for your control valve assemblies. There are seal kits available as well if there is no major damage to the main components.
https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/69939/referrer/navigation/pgId/270324144

It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

J. D. Has no part number I already have been to themNumber 22
Even if there were a part number they aren't going to sell the spool in the housing separately since they are machined together. Click on this link for some information on an aftermarket company that supplies the seal kit for this valve but also lift several different other pieces of equipment that utilize this same seal kit and likely the control valve. https://aftermarket.supply/john-deere/am120974.htmlHow badly damaged are these spools?
Bent just enough they won't travelI have a pretty good connection to get spools if I can find who made valueService manager at jd said there should be a tag but i ain't that lucky BPA closest name I could find on it
If there is a replacement spool available after market or if there is a good used one floating around, these guys will be able to help you out with it as they specialize in John Deere salvage and aftermarket parts. http://pbhequipment.com/
Is there a way to find out what company made valve for John Deere
If the dealership couldn't get that information, and there's no tag on the valve, you would either need to find a valve with the tag on it or have the dealer put in a technical request into John Deere. If they didn't go that far for you, you can request that they put in a technical request to research the part history.https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-Part-Am122816-Control-Valve-Backhoe-7-8-8A-10-10A-/333592438600?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292This may work for you...
Hey buddy where is the main fuse located on a Lincoln vantage 400 weld machine
You will need to open up a new request for your welding machine.
We are still good on jd here
Sir
What should injection pump pressure be on 4600 ford
You will need to open up a new question for your Ford. This question is for your John Deere.
I have to pay for every question
Professionals are users of the site like yourself. The site credits us one time per subject matter. Site policy is one subject matter per question thread. I have no access to any of your billing information or what you signed up for.you will have to take that up with customer service of the website. It's the same if you went to a garage and paid for an oil change in your car. You can't go back and get a tune up for free for your lawn mower. Then come back several days later with a flat tire on your bicycle. The same principles apply here.
Can I still ask you John Deere question being I never got answer to question I asked first

I spent the time answering and ressearching your control vale question. Here is that post. Could you tell me what the results were when you went to John Deere Technical to open up a case? I was a dealer Tech. This is even what a dealer tech has to do at the dealer they work for when these problems exist when the information is not available at the dealer level.

Me

5 Jul 2020, 2:34 PM

Me

It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

5 Jul 2020, 2:35 PM

Me

Stabilizer

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/69939/referrer/navigation/pgId/270324143

Bucket and swing

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/69939/referrer/navigation/pgId/270324145

5 Jul 2020, 2:36 PM

Customer

J. D. Has no part number I already have been to them

5 Jul 2020, 4:47 PM

Customer

Number 22

5 Jul 2020, 4:48 PM

Customer

Customer attachment 7/5/2020 8:49:21 PM

5 Jul 2020, 4:49 PM

Customer

Customer attachment 7/5/2020 8:49:21 PM

5 Jul 2020, 4:49 PM

Customer

3151d2b7-1257-4aa1-96d3-26e681d13fb7.jpeg

5 Jul 2020, 4:49 PM

Customer

170ae28c-c3c0-402a-9fe4-0a0a96f43bb2.jpeg

5 Jul 2020, 4:49 PM

Me

Even if there were a part number they aren't going to sell the spool in the housing separately since they are machined together. Click on this link for some information on an aftermarket company that supplies the seal kit for this valve but also lift several different other pieces of equipment that utilize this same seal kit and likely the control valve. https://aftermarket.supply/john-deere/am120974.html

5 Jul 2020, 4:57 PM

Me

How badly damaged are these spools?

5 Jul 2020, 4:57 PM

Customer

Bent just enough they won't travel

5 Jul 2020, 6:12 PM

Customer

I have a pretty good connection to get spools if I can find who made value

5 Jul 2020, 6:14 PM

Customer

Service manager at jd said there should be a tag but i ain't that lucky BPA closest name I could find on it

5 Jul 2020, 6:17 PM

Me

5 Jul 2020, 7:21 PM

Customer

5 Jul 2020, 8:04 PM

Me

If the dealership couldn't get that information, and there's no tag on the valve, you would either need to find a valve with the tag on it or have the dealer put in a technical request into John Deere. If they didn't go that far for you, you can request that they put in a technical request to research the part history.

5 Jul 2020, 9:25 PM

Me

https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-Part-Am122816-Control-Valve-Backhoe-7-8-8A-10-10A-/333592438600?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49292

5 Jul 2020, 9:27 PM

Me

This may work for you...

5 Jul 2020, 9:28 PM

Now to be clear, the only thing that they will help you with even if owned through John Deere technical which is above the dealership level, is a part number or replacement part number option for your control valve. The individual spools are machined to the housing and should not be mismatched. Therefore, that whole control valve section with the spool and housing is going to be changed. If the valve is no longer in production, John Deere technical researches and comes up with a replacement control valve option. They are not going to give you proprietary information or technical data from their original supplier that they hold the patents on. Patented information from any manufacturer or supplier is not released to the general public.

sir I was under the impression when my credit card was charged I was no longer the general public if you knew you could not have told me what kind of valve body why did you research anything it looks like a simple no I cannot get that information would have been the only time you had in it

Thank you for clarifying your assumption. Now that I understand your assumption, I can give you the correct information so you understand how things really work. The John Deere 48 loader attachment dates back to the 1960s and continues on all the way up through beyond the 1980s. Manufacturers that produce parts for John Deere dated back into the 60s and now, change as some might go out of business and others may no longer produce the parts for John Deere. John Deere as well as any other company that manufactures equipment, automobiles, or any other type of product, change vendors over the years. Sometimes they discontinue parts. You are talking with a prior Nortrax John Deere technician. I was also field service for Caterpillar and have worked for other dealers. Your serial number breaks can make all the difference in the world on what parts your equipment was built with and which vendors provided those parts during that serial number break . Therefore , the assumption that all of these parts are the same and identical from the 1960s up until over 20 years later , is just simply not true. This is why when you go into a dealer , they ask for your serial number and model information . I understand that a lot of customers get frustrated with this because in their mind they expect just to say , I have a John Deere 48. Just get me this part I need for my John Deere 48. How hard can that be? Unfortunately, these parts are not always universal. This is why "Research" to look up the parts is needed. especially on a part that can date back 60 years . Pricing and availability of parts change consistently . Manufacturing facilities change the parts that they actually manufacture . When equipment gets a certain age , some of these companies actually release the patents for aftermarket companies to be able to produce replacement parts . Sometimes , you can no longer buy the part at all. The dealership and manufacturer is actually focused on making money . The 60-year-old piece of equipment is no longer flooded in the market . No contractors are using this equipment as most of it is retired on personal farms and land . The dealerships are focused on the high moneymakers which are the newer equipment that is currently flooded in the markets . These are what they are still consistently selling parts for and manufacturing parts for . It is the unfortunate truth , but once they realize a decline of the amount of use of a particular model in the market, parts availability starts to become scarce . This is when people will modify and adapt a new style control valve assembly to their loader rather than the OEM part which is not available or discontinued . The other option is to purchase a used one from the salvage network and put this on a salvage network locating service to find a good used control valve . I hope this further clarifies things for you.

sir I asked dealer about the search process you told me about they told me you was full of #### I got know where with them

Well it sounds to me like they don't want to work with you because all dealerships have technical support numbers that they can call. Caterpillar does, John Deere does, Komatsu does, Volvo does, JCB, and Terex, etc. This support is in house and available to them for their product line. If your dealer is not willing to open up a campaign for you then it is likely that maybe they don't want to deal with it unless they are selling you the parts. If they are under the impression that you want them to go through all this trouble just to buy the parts elsewhere, this would likely be why they are responding the way they are. I can assure you, if your tractor was in their shop and you were paying them to replace the control valve, you would have a new control valve installed and they would identify the replacement control valve or find you a good used one.

I've worked at dealers. If there is no money in it for them, they are not going to go through all that trouble unless it's in their shop or unless you have a good reputation with them. If the spools are bent, the machine surfaces in the housing are also likely scored and worn out of specifications. You can't just put a new spool in a damaged housing. You will be experiencing drifting and other problems within the control valve. Your best bet is to find a good used control valve if you are on a tight budget to get this going again.

https://pbhequipment.com/

Go to the link I provided above. I am going out of my way for you here. Contact them by phone and tell them exactly what you have. They specialize in salvage used and aftermarket John Deere parts. If this valve is available new or a comparable good used replacement that you can install , they will find it for you.

Your current valve with the bent spool and scored housing is only good for scrap metal. I've been doing this a very long time. You couldn't even hone that because it would not be within the tolerances even if you did find a spool.It is an absolute waste of time. Even at the dealerships when honing a spool to try to prevent replacing the control valve pretty much always resulted into drifting problems afterwards because the tolerances are no longer in specifications.

Is there an aftermarket valve that will fit in the stack assembly
Nothing identified by model and part number. There is another vendor that I use as well... TST hydraulics out of New Hampshire. They actually build custom pumps and valves. You may have to send them your old valve assembly but even if they can't make you a valve section and ported it the way you want it, they can set you up with a complete control valve assembly preventing you from having to deal with this parts availability issue ever again.
What would I have to do about just getting a quote on a new valve body

Click on the two links I have provided below that I have mentioned throughout this chat. Contact them about getting a replacement valve body. TST would likely need your old valve shipped to them as I said. The other company specializes in John Deere parts new used and aftermarket.

http://www.tsthydraulics.com/

https://pbhequipment.com/