Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Can you use a double flange rear track idlers instead of the…

Can you use a...

Can you use a double flange rear track idlers instead of the original triple flange rear idlers on a 2011 289c

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Cat0289ctjmp00761

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am & ordered the idlers they sent me double flange & I have original triple flange on machine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I called them and they said I can use single, double or triple flange on this machine

7/2/2020
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline between 3-4 Pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2-3 pm CST

What is the make and model of the machine?

2011 Cat 289C identification#
Cat0289ctjmp00761
Any answer yet, it's a simple question ,it's either yes or no

HI,

Thank you for the response.

Sorry for the delay,I was called out.

Yes, you can use the double.

Morning,

If you have any follow up questions, please let me know using the reply button. If you are satisfied with my help, please let me know so we can complete your question.

Please give a rating of my service, then I can close the question.

Can you tell me if the triple flanges are better the same or worse than double flange idlers, I was told that it's easier to throw a track off w/ double or single flange idlers and not recommended over the triple flanges .
Thank you

Morning,

Yes, the triple are much better, less chance of the track coming off.

Thank you so much !

HI,

You are very welcome.

Stay safe and healthy!!

Wayne, Journeyman
You too, thanks again !

Welcome.............

Wayne, Journeyman