Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bobcat s205 the lift is locked in place the tilt…

Customer Question
I have a bobcat...

I have a bobcat s205 the lift is locked in place the tilt lever leans in & out but lift lever is solid like door is open switch to foot controls same problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Hve to get back to you bobcat couple miles down the road

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
6/26/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, It is Dan. I will be glad to try to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Sorry to hear you are having troubles with your Bobcat machine. The first thing you want to do is check for any fault codes by pressing and holding the light switch to get the fault codes on the hour meter display. If you have the deluxe panel and read out that will display fault codes, let me know what you have for fault codes logged. You will then need to troubleshoot each of those fault codes individually as it is these codes that are going to help isolate the problem circuit to begin testing and troubleshooting. With the ignition switch on, using voltage tested a test for power on both sides of each one of your fuses replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Swap your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes. Be sure to check all of your safety interlock switches such as your lap bar switch, seat switch, and door switch if equipped with an enclosed cab. Thoroughly inspect the wiring and connector pins within those circuits as well as any open circuits whether it be a safety switch or wiring, can cause your functions not to operate. Thoroughly inspect your wiring harness to your solenoids at your control valves and for your lock solenoids. You can go on to the online Bobcat parts catalog to enter your machine serial number and access the full parts breakdowns for your model and serial number for reference when identifying your components and locations. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.