Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bx23s kubota, its equiped with a la340 loader.

I have a bx23s...

I have a bx23s kubota, its equiped with a la340 loader. Recently the boom won't raise. I switched hoses on quick connect and it works fine on bucket curl system although bucket won't curl 1 direction. Any suggestions on remedy?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model is a BX23S. Serial is 19723.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats the only issue

6/20/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

I hope we can

Replace the quick connect that is not opening. Each end has a check valve, which has to open when they are connected, if not, the check valve stops the oil flow.

I ran the controls either the hoses all disconnected and got plenty of oil squirter for each lineI'm wondering if the "up" portion of my control valve has gone bad or if there is a built in relief that is stuck openIts not a coupler issue, they all run without lines attached

Will the bucket hold a load?

Bucket won't even lift its own weight, unless I change the hoses to curl lines, then its fine and bucket is only 1 direction

Control valves give few problems, quick couplers and hoses much more common, And the linkage from the joystick to the valve can get loose and not move the spool. Are the spools in the valve moving full travel? If all checks out, then the valve would be suspect and have to be disassembled.

They appeared to move full range, same distance up and down(I actually measured). Everything is connected. I wonder if it has an o ring or something that went bad in valve

It might have digested one, or the load check valve may be stuck or loose. The spools have only the o'rings on both ends, nothing else.

Ya going to pull it out tommorrow

Start with removing the hose fitting and any plugs on the valve body, you may not need to remove it.

Pulled hoses earlier and had good flow when actuated

I was thinking more along the lines of a loose restrictor or o'ring plugging a hole.

Its out were I can get the elbows off so I can inspect the hole in the morning
That will help, thanks

Your welcome

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician