Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have an 753 bobcat with a leak around access panel in

Customer Question
I have an 753...

I have an 753 bobcat with a leak around access panel in belly pan whats behind access panel is there a plug inside panel

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Customer:###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Allready paid 3600 in repairs was told no more leaks i see oil arround access door in under velly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Drive motors have no leaks and dont seem to be losing any hydro fluid

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/10/2020
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 2 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager
Greetings, what previous repairs did you have done?
resealed front engine cover replaced o rings,seals and gaskets on front cover replaced input seal on fan drive replaced return fuel hose replaced all axel seals
replaced carrier seals updated to new style

Ok, that's what I needed to know. I don't know how clean your machine is, but my experience with aged Bobcat machines is they get plenty dirty with age, and the grunge in the belly of those machines tend to hold oil until it finally finds a way out. It could be residual oil that was spilled when changing the motor carrier seals, could be a hose that has failed. If you've checked all those things and don't find a problem then check the main control valve closely for leaking spool seals, that's a very common hydraulic leak on an aged Bobcat, I've done plenty of them over the years.