Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2008 case 465 series 3. I just replaced the battery…

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a 2008 case 465 series 3. I just replaced the battery & washed under the ropes. After the batter was installed the machine moved. An hour later I tried to move it again. I put the lap bar down and the parking lock light turns off. I still can't get the machine to unlock

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2008 case 465 tier 3

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's all the info I have

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
serial no. N8M484929
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/6/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, It is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family,etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated,for status, etc.

Sorry to hear you are having these troubles with this machine. Most commonly this would because by a safety interlock switch or wiring issue. I would check all of your wiring and connections for water intrusion since this occurred after being washed. It is very possible that there could be some moisture or water creating a short in one of the connectors. Test for power on both sides of each one of your fuses with the ignition switch in the on position and replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Swap your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes as well. Another thing you want to do is check for any fault codes or warning indicators. Troubleshoot them individually. It is very possible that there could be damage to the machine controller as well from water intrusion or other electrical components. This is going to take a process of inspection and troubleshooting to isolate the cause of your problem. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.