Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Got a bob cat 873 the lift and tilts quit. Rat prob. Found…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Got a...

Second opinion] Got a bob cat 873 the lift and tilts quit. Rat prob. Found the lift problem in wiring. Can't find tilt problem. Pedal won't move so I assume it the lock sylinoid but don't know which one it it. Can I run hot and ground from something else. Thanks. Terry

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I don't have at this time have to go look at mochine

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/27/2020
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 2 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings, yes, the 73 series G series machine has spool lock solenoids on both the lift and tilt spools at the main control valve. I assume it's a standard control machine since you mentioned foot pedals. I've attached a pic of a common Bobcat main control valve showing the BICS solenoid valves on the main control valve. The solenoid with the orange arrow is the hydraulic lock solenoid, this locks hydraulic flow through the main control valve, neither lift or tilt will work until it's powered up. The coils with the red arrows are the spool lock solenoids, one locks the lift spool, one locks the tilt spool. They both get power from the main controller. On a G series machine, if any of these solenoids has an electrical problem, even a broken wire, you should be hearing three beeps from the alarm. Are you hearing those three short beeps?