Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Curtis..hope all is well.....i have an old skidsteer it

curtis..hope all is well.....i have...
curtis..hope all is well.....i have an old thomas skidsteer it moves forward and back perfectly and the bucket tilt works good but now it will not lift the bucket off the lowered position....fluid is full and when you press the pedal to up position you hear motor load up a little as pump starts to work
5/23/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

thank you....we made out well together before

If the bucket works, the boom should work. Will the boom hold position or does it leak down? If the leaks down with the valve in neutral, one of the lift cylinders is leaking internally.

the the bucket tilt forward and back pefectly....it just wont raise the lift arms any at alli cat tell if the boom bleeds off...it wont come up at allas i said before ...there seems to be very little pressure at the fitting going into the lift pistons i can hold my thumb over the outlet where the hose goes and it wont push my thumb off the outleti figured that the pump must be making pressure for the thing to tilt and movejust not raise

Is the valve spool for the boom moving full travel?

seems like i am going to check it again to bee surebe back shortly

OK>

the spool looks like it is making full travel and the motor loads up when you push the pedal down same as when the tilt pedal is pushedare you familiar with this make the spool valves are in a *pancake* valve mounted in the floor pedal on the right is tilt pedal on the left is raise/lower pedal in the middle i believe to be the e brake

Check the boom hoss=es from the valve tot he cylinder, looking for a collapsed tube or resisted line. A restriction in either hose will affect the flow. With the engine pulling down the valve must be working, but oil is not being delivered to and from the cylinder,

ok will check line from spool to cylinders i am thinking that if there is a restriction it would be before the main feed line splits to each cylinder as both sides seem to have weak flowi will be back and thanks again for all

OK>

i loosened the hose at the spool and got what seem to be pretty good spray of fluid someone replaced the hardline from the spool to the T that splits to the 2 cylinders with what looks to be a newer hydraulic line so i would assume(and have never seen a line collapse) the line to the T is good just to be sure ...there should be BIG pressure at the fitting to the cylinder....any more ideas??

I have seen new lines with internal flaps where the fitting was put on the hose, take off the hoses and blow air both ways, Check every hose on the boom circuit,

ok...that will tomorrows job now its beer thirty and hot dogs have a great nite

OK>

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
all good curtis got sidetracked