Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2018 Caterpillar 299 D2 XHP and It keeps going into…

I have a 2018...

I have a 2018 Caterpillar 299 D2 XHP and It keeps going into limp mode and there iS A WARNING message on screen that says “SCR level 1 after treatment”? I took to my local Cat Dealer service shop and they cleared the error codes and couldn’t find the problem. I took it home and used it for 45 minutes and it went into limp mode again. I am pissed that the service guys couldn’t find or fix the problem after loosing a week of mulching work I am the middle of. Does anyone know about any emission prb le s with d

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

2018\Caterpillar 299-D2XHP Multi Terrain Track Loader

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

High flow issue

5/18/2020
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

I am sorry but, when the SCR events occur, a dealer level version of the service program CAT ET is the only tool that can clear the code.

This is an event code which means the ECM saw a problem that likely created a diagnostic code related to this fault.

I have found everything from bad DEF to failed tank manifolds. It could be any issue but, knowing the diagnostic code that triggered the SCR event code is where to start finding the fault.

catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician