Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

What can be the problem on a 753 bobcat movies to slow front…

Customer Question
What can be the...

What can be the problem on a 753 bobcat movies to slow front and back and has a hard time turning

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

753 bobcat

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

We fix Hydraulic Drive motor a guy told us it could be the pump

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

You thank he call me (###) ###-#### he is trying to fix it him self

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can it be pump from the Hydraulic because it turns good if we turn rigth it's only the left and movies slow front and back

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/16/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

The symptoms you are describing lean towards a possible faulty hydrostatic drive transmission which consists of two drive pumps coupled together that operate two drive motors , one for each side. Look inside your hydraulic filter and your hydraulic suction screen for any sign of fine metal or debris that looks like glitter in the oil and filter that would confirm internal mechanical problems or a pump and component failure occurring. If this is clean, have your pumps flow tested with a flowmeter and your hydraulic system pressure tested to verify whether or not your pumps are within OEM specifications for your model and serial number machine. You can also check your drive motors for excessive case drain pressure which would indicate excessive internal leakage within your drive motors. You can disconnect the case drain port from your drive motor with the machine pushed up against a loading dock to prevent travel or equivalent. You would then run a hose from the port into a 5 gallon bucket. Slowly engage travel and you should expect to see a very low volume of case drain pressure. If it comes out under high pressure or volume, that drive motor has failed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can