Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have LX885 New Holland With no time I marks on the

I have LX885 New...

I have LX885 New Holland With no time I marks on the harmonic balancer or on the front of the motor

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

LX885 SIN 115553

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Industrial Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ok

5/15/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

LX885 should have a hole in the bell housing, where a tool with a spring-loaded pin, snaps into a hole in the flywheel surface. Look for a hole with two small bolt holes across from each other, which would be used to hold the timing tool. Then turn the flywheel to find the flywheel hole.

You need to have special tools for thisI can't believe there is no timing marks on the Harmonic balancer Or on the front of the motor what is New Holland thinking of

You really think they thought this out?? Did you find the hole in the flywheel?

I do not have any timing tool to do thatDo you need to pick up the cab to find thisThere is a small cover on the back side of the bell Housing with 4 bolts holding the cover on

Should be on the front side, near the starter.?

you have to pick up the cab to get at itI cannot pick the cab up because there is no Way to get it up without it running The loader is locked to the cab

What are you trying to do? Replace the injection pump?

it was already out and I'm putting in a new oneYou only thing I have tried is putting a wire Down the injector hole until its top dead center And I blew air through the injector whole to make sure it was on the firingBecause there is no marks on this machine anywhere I've never heard of such a thing butThe pump was already out when I bought the machine and I had it rebuilt but They never mark nothing when they took the Injector pump out And there is no key way on the Injector pump gear it is a 1998 modelI'm pretty sure I'm top dead center fire because I blow air and then it comes out the exhaust If I go the other way a does not come outSn 115553

TDC # 1, are both valves closed with some clearance? The accepted way is to use a dial indicator through the injector hole to bring piston up to exactly TDC.

I can do that to get more precise Do both valves close on each revolution or or do you have to make to revolutions to Get them both closed

Two revolutions, if one valve is open, you need to go one more round, till both are closed.

I understand

OK>

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
You did good sir it's running very well

Good job!