Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

863 traction lock push green button no clunck. Be right

Customer Question
863 traction lock push...

863 traction lock push green button no clunck

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Be right back

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes older 863 serial###-##-####

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/14/2020
Mechanic: Fieldtech59, Shop manager replied 2 years ago
Fieldtech59
Fieldtech59, Shop manager

Greetings, I'm guessing by the s/n that's possibly a C series machine with the two piece rear door and the BICS control box located on the back cab wall to the right of the seat back. When you push the green operate button are all the LED lights on the BICS controller lit up or are any of them flashing?

No lights
Two piece rear door square lights maybe 96 year

Unless it's been disabled, which I doubt, all of the LED lights on the BICS controller have to be lit up to release the traction lock and the control valve lock. If just one of those LED lights aren't lit up it won't release the machine locks.

Right was working fine now no lights no noise from traction lock

Have you checked the BICS fuse in the fuse box in the engine compartment? Not just check if fuse is blown but actually check that the fuse has power on it.

Checked fuse has power cleaned terminals now workingThink I got it thanks way to silly

Naa, not silly, probably just a bad connection and by you checking it it made a connection once again. Just simple maintenance stuff required of a machine of that vintage. Good to hear you got it sorted out. Cheers