Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bobcat 853 with some hydraulic issues, I can take…

Customer Question
I have a bobcat...

I have a bobcat 853 with some hydraulic issues, I can take the bucket all the way up fine bringing down is very slow, tilting bucket down is fine beinging back up is very slow

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Customer:###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have changed fluid and filters

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have check solenoids and wiring

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/9/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Is this mechanical valve or pilot controls? Is the valve spools for lift and bucket moving the full travel distance? With mechanical, you can remove the linkage and work the valve spools manually for a test.

Mechanical, so you are recommending that I lift the cab , unhook linkage and run the hydraulics manually by pulling on spools

Or check them for full travel without removing the linkage.

Travel on linkage looks good

Did you work the spools manually to see if travel is the same? If all good, check for a restriction in the return circuit, if the oil is slow to return to the tank, functions that send fluid back to the tank can be slowed.

When using the auto level feature lock the bucket comes down correctlyI do have the gear light with an exclamation point illuminated

Gear light usually is a transmission oil problem indicator? When was the return filter/screen checked?

I will check now

OK>

Are you referring to the hydrostatic spin on filter ? Or the silver inline filters

Both!

Checked the inline filter near reservoir and cleaned , working on the other this week. Question would using iso 46 in the bobcat cause this issue ?

It is a 20 wt equivalent oil and should work fine with the Bobcat.

That’s what I thought , so when this project started I had a no front aux , I had the flashing lights on the upper right corner in the cad. Fixed the aux handle wiring connections and also replaced the aux electrical box “ silver box underneath cab located over left shoulder of operator” this fixed my aux lights error code.Now I can actually engage the front aux. the bobcat also had an after market multiplier on the front , I removed this due to eliminating variables and help troubleshootinghttps://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/threads/bobcat-t190-slow-bucket.53426/I found a source on the internet of a instance with the same issue unfortunately a solution was not provided, other resources are saying it may be a hydraulic return path issue, can you supply a diagram or what lines I need to trace ?

No, I don't, let me opt out and see if someone with that information will respond. Sorry.

Mechanic: Ulyana-mod,
 replied 2 years ago
Ulyana-mod

Hello, Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I am the category moderator.

I'm so sorry that another Expert has not connected with you yet.

I wanted to reach out to see if you still need assistance with your question?

Please use the reply box below to let me know if you'd like to continue or cancel.

Thank you! Ulyana~Moderator