Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

1999 jlg 600a boomlift it works well, goes up, down left…

Customer Question
1999 jlg 600a boomlift it...
1999 jlg 600a boomlift it works well, goes up, down left right and it works. But when I try to drive forward or reverse engine loses power and shuts off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/5/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

What is your serial number machine?

Hey how are youI’m currently with the machineI can’t figure out how to fix it
What is the serial number of the machine? This will help we make sure that you get the correct info for your model and serial number.
101400(###) ###-####Thanks for the help dan
the first thing you want to do is make sure that your engine is running properly so you will want to check your fuel system and your air intake to verify that you are getting full RPM and the engine is running at peak performance.look for any restrictions or leaks between the fuel tank and pump as well as check for contamination of the fuel. If the engine is running strong to power your hydraulics, if it is bogging down and stalling as if it were under an excessive load, I recommend checking inside the hydraulic filter and oil for fine metal or debris that looks like glitter in the oil and filter which would confirm a pump or component failure occurring. If all of the functions are working normal with exception to travel, there could be a problem within your travel motors or leaking seals within your rotary manifold.I would also check your relief valve cartridges and the control valve spools for your travel function to make sure they are free from metal or debris as well as any damaged o-rings or scoring that would cause them to malfunction. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.Thank you for that information. Run through my initial suggestions and check all of that. Reply back with the results of those checks if any further help is needed.
Okay I will check and keep you posted
You're very welcome.
Hey quick questionSorryHow do I know if my carburetor is goodIt has a little choke valveThat’s loseBut when it stalls out the valve gets hard
A common cause of failure for carbureted engines is the ethanol content in the gasoline and stale gasoline sitting in the carburetor. remove the bottom carburetor bowl to look for any type of sediment or contamination. Clean out your carburetor bowl and carburetor throat assembly. If you have noticeable loose components with your choke assembly and other noticeable excessive wear or damage, it may be best for a replacement carburetor assembly or rebuild of the existing carburetor.