Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a 2002 Bobcat 331 Excavator No Fuel from the tank…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 Bobcat 331 Excavator No Fuel from the tank when using the pump bulb and when disconnected. Assume the fuel pick up line is broken has a leak. How to I get to the connection to the tank.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I have a 2002 Bobcat 331. No fuel at the pump bulb. Assume broken supply line at tank how do I get to the tank connection

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Basically what do I have to take apart to get access to the fuel line at the tank

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
5/2/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

What is your machine serial number?

This could be a broken supply line but it also could be a restriction within your supply line. Try removing the fuel filler cap, then use a rubber tipped blow gun with the primer bulb removed, to give a few good short bursts of air back through the line to see if there might be a restriction at the bottom of your fuel tank that could be restricting your fuel supply line. This would help confirm whether or not that is the case before taking apart the machine to flush out the fuel tank. You can also use your model and serial number to go on to the Bobcat parts website and access all of your parts breakdowns for your model and serial number machine to see all of the fasteners and guards that are around your fuel tank for mounting . It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Click this link below.

https://www.bobcatpartsonline.com/#/catalogBrowser

Click on the link below for the fuel system diagram from the parts catalog for your serial number to use as reference. You are very welcome.

the air trick did not work. To get at the fuel line where it enters the tank. Do I need to take out the seat and the left hand controls to get at the fuel line.
Remove the floor plate under the mat inside the cab. It is still a pain to get to but people have been successful accessing through the floor plate under the mat.it wouldn't hurt to remove the seat as well to get extra working space and it doesn't take that long to get the seat out.