Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

D excavatior 690c swing on boom want work. 690 c deere. New…

Customer Question
D excavatior 690c swing...

D excavatior 690c swing on boom want work

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

690 c John deere

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

New Silonn switch check clutches ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not now

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
4/16/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

What is your serial number?

If you are having problems swing only and all other functions are working normally, the problem is going to be between the control valve and that function component. Start by inspecting your swing spool in your control valve to be sure it moves freely and is free from any scoring or damage from debris. Remove your relief valve cartridge within that circuit to inspect for damaged O-rings or any debris that would cause it to stick or malfunction. If your control valve and relief valve checks okay, check at your swing motor ports for any sign of metal or debris that would flag a potential swing motor problem or failure. Remove the swing motor crossover relief valves and inspect them for any damage or debris as well as any damaged O-rings. Look for any fine metal or debris that would flag a potential swing motor failure and also check for excessive case drain return pressure that would confirm excessive internal leakage within your swing motor and the need for rebuild or replacement. You should expect to see a very low volume of oil from your case drain port of your drive motor for swing with the drive motor deadheaded to prevent movement and running a hose from the case drain port into an empty 5 gallon bucket. Slowly engage swing function with the machine boom and bucket either into the ground or against a loading dock or equivalent to prevent movement. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.