Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

What would cause a battery icon to come back on and the

forklift won’t go forward or...
What would cause a battery icon to come back on and the forklift won’t go forward or reverse and the forks won’t go up n down?
4/7/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

I'm all ears

Battery connection lost, maybe loose connections or bad connection. Electric forklift or propane? Make and model.

It's propane and I even tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery and it did nothing. I'll send a pic with info.

Will the forklift start? If not, what is the battery voltage?

It's starts. But when you try to go in forward the N will flash and same in reverse. And when you grab the control to move the forks they don't do anything either. The icon that appears is a battery with a line through it.

Has to have some fuses, are the fuses good?

From what I can see they look good.

Did you test them with a meter? Is the charging system working?

Not with a meter. I just pulled all the minis and they're not blown.

Do you have battery voltage on both sides of the fuses? you can test them without removing them, by probing the two openings on the back sid. Is the charging system charging the battery?

there's voltage on both sides and yes the battery is charging.

OK> I will opt out, sorry.

No problem thank you very much though
I got it figured out thank you so much.

What was the problem?

One of the wires under the seat went bad. So I had to use n connect the other 2 extra wires to get it to see that the switch was engaged so it would start running again.

Good job!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Thank you.