Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a samsung 280lc stalling out when running idle or…

Customer Question
I have a samsung...

I have a samsung 280lc stalling out when running idle or when moving arm. I have changed the filters and cleaned the diesel fuel under the bottom but yet it still stalls. When trying to crank the hydraulic lines shakes. Any idea of what can be the problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Hay2078 is the serial number

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/5/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

If everything fuel system related and air intake system related with your engine checks out okay but you are experiencing what sounds like an excessive load that is constantly on the engine at all times, it leans towards a possible hydraulic pump or component failure within the hydraulic system or potentially a restriction within the system or faulty valve that is sticking or malfunctioning. Check inside your hydraulic filter for fine metal or debris which looks like glitter in the filter and oil that would confirm a hydraulic pump or component failure has occurred. Thoroughly inspect your control valve spools and your relief valve cartridges for any signs of damage as well as any damaged O-rings, debris, scoring, or other damage that would cause them to malfunction and stick. It is very possible that your variable displacement hydraulic pump is stuck in full flow and not returning to neutral or you have a control valve that is sticking, or component failure as I mentioned. I would look for signs of that contamination within your system first thing . It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.