Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a bobcat t650 with code m1706. T650 ALJG17689. I have…

I have a bobcat...

I have a bobcat t650 with code m1706

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

T650 ALJG17689

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have checked for bad wires that's about it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time

3/25/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Hi Dan just to give you a little run by what I have going on....as it stands right now when I fire the machine up everything works fine...then about 5 min five or take the bucket locks and it wont go up or down or tilt...if I shut the machine off it will start to work properly again for about same amount of time and lock itself again

Thank you for the update. Give me a few to pull up some information on this fault code.

That fault code is for your hydraulic lock solenoid indicating a short to ground. This is the BICS hydraulic lock valve on the main control valve. Most commonly it is a failed solenoid if you have not found any shorts or problems within the wiring harness and that circuit. Check to see if any wires are potentially rub through or shorting to ground going to your solenoid coil. If both of these check out okay, in very rare occasions it could be a problem with the controller itself but is not common. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

With they key on at the plug that goes to the hydraulic lock valve I get no power if I check with the volt meter both cables....if i check it with ground on the chassis and with the other lead on the plug it shows 5 volts...is that correct?

I believe it should be 12 V. Let me confirm that further because now I am second-guessing. lol

A good coil will read 9.8 ohms when checking between the two wires of the coil with your ohmmeter. Then I believe there should be a light green wire to the coil that should not test continuity to ground or in other words be shorted to ground. Verify continuity between that wire and a good ground as there should be no continuity confirming no short in that wire.

I would run through the wiring test for shorts to ground as well is that continuity and resistance check at the coil. It is very possible that voltage has been reduced as a result of the fault indicating a short. I do believe that still should be 12 V at the coil.

Coil read 10.8 ohmsIs their a way you can send me diagram schematics of the hydraulic system and the wiring diagram?

I do not have schematics or diagrams or I would be glad to share. However, there are Bobcat manuals in PDF format floating around on multiple sites on the web that you could purchase for download. Just be sure that it covers your serial number machine when purchasing one.

Can you point me in the right direction to a good site that I can get it from?
https://www.servicemanualbit.com/downloads/bobcat-t650-compact-track-loader-service-repair-manual/
Dan, Technician
Mechanic: Fieldtech59,
 replied 2 years ago
Fieldtech59
Phone call session started