Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Mustang MTL 25 track loader that doesn’t have any…

I have a Mustang MTL...
I have a Mustang MTL 25 track loader that doesn’t have any power to gauge cluster. None of the gauges move or light up when ignition is turned to “run. The machine with start and operate. The 20amp fuse keeps blowing that is labeled Monitor a Feed Pump. What powers the gauges?
3/16/2020
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

What you are describing is the transfer fuel pump.

I suggest replacing that, it is shorted.

I hope this helps you.

If I replace the transfer fuel pump, Will that also remedy the lack of power to gauge cluster?
The machine currently will run and operate as it sits

It most likely will as it feeds off the same fuse.

Wayne, Journeyman
You are awesome! Last question, where is the transfer fuel pump located?
I found the pump! That was it. The gauges all work. Thanks a million!! You were a big help

Morning,

I am sorry, I go offline between 5-6 pm CST.

That is great news!!

Be safe, be healthy and wash them hands often.........

Good afternoon,
Mustang MTL25, I put a new fuel shutoff solenoid in machine. Solenoid will put open for about one second, then release when I turn key to run position.
Red wire stays 12.4 V continuous with key in run position.
White wire jumps to 12v for approximately 1 second -then back to zero.
Black wire good ground during key in run position.
Plunger will not stay pulled open to let machine start.
Any suggestions?

OK, the solenoid gets it holding circuit from a safety sitch, normally the oil pressure switch.

Check that switch and join all the wires together.

Are you referring to oil pressure sensor? It is single green wire going to oil pressure sensor.
Or am I looking for a switch?Which wires do I join together, the red and white on the shut off solenoid?

Thank you.

No, do not join wires on fuel shut off solenoid.

I talking about the oil pressure sensor on the engine near the oil filter.

It is a single green wire to oil pressure sending unit

Very busy day so may, be delays in response.

OK, see if that loose voltage.

Green wire stays 5.5V continuous

Remove that wire, see if it goes to 12 volts.

I got it. It was the linkage binding between the shutoff solenoid and fuel injection pump. Wasn’t letting plunger pull in far enough to stay in hold position.
Again I thank you for your help today. Have a good one!
Shawn

Hi Shawn,

That is great.

Stay safe, healthy and wash your hands often.