Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Trying to find out how to remove rear bucket on a komatsu…

Customer Question
Trying to find out...

Trying to find out how to remove rear bucket on a komatsu wbs-97s-5eo? Recently came in on hire with no user manual?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

WB97S-5EP0 F30003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

It has a hydraulic lock mechanism on rear bucket-attatchmemt. No visible locking pin etc. Assuming its one of the dash buttons but haven't been able to determine what one and if any particular procedures need to be followed.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Only advise given was roll in bucket and press *some button and give it a jiggle to free from clasp.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's sufficient at this stage.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 1 day by:
3/17/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

These quick couplers are usually set up that you need to curl the bucket to the end of its stroke which will put it over relief pressure deadheading that function. When this deadheading happens and the coupler release switch is activated, it then diverts that pressure to the cylinder that unlocks your quick coupling. You can then I'm curl the bucket once the coupler releases your attachment or the locks. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.