Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Bobcat e45 turns boom to left but not to right. It will

Customer Question
Bobcat e45 turns boom...

Bobcat e45 turns boom to left but not to right. It will freewheel to right and not stop

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

S/n b2vy11001. It is a bobcat e45 compact excavator

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am going to fix it but I dont have a picture of the operating parts to turn it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/13/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

From the symptoms you are describing, the boom itself and not the main swing of the machine, is only working in one direction. If isolated to the boom itself swinging to one side, the problem is either going to be the piston within the cylinder has come apart from the rod and will only force the cylinder in one direction, or you have a problem within the machine control valve or relief valve cartridge for that function causing a bypass of pressure within the control valve when that function is selected. Check your cylinder for problems and if the cylinder checks out okay internally, check your relief valve cartridges and your main control valve for your boom swing function. Look for any damaged O-rings or debris within the valves or other damage that would cause them to malfunction. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.