Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a caterpillar 305cr the tracking is very slow but…

Customer Question
I have a caterpillar...

I have a caterpillar 305cr the tracking is very slow but when I move the boom, stick or bucket it tracks considerably faster.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Caterpillar 305CRCAT00305KDSA00963

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I rebuilt the center spool, replaced the upper and lower rollers

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
3/1/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

The symptoms you are describing are usually related to a pump flow problem. Anytime you have to operate a separate function to increase flow to another function towards a pump control problem or problem with the pump itself. Check inside your hydraulic filter and your suction screen for any signs of fine metal or debris that would confirm an internal mechanical component failure occurring. It will look like glitter in the oil and filter if present. If this is clean, have your pump flows and pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications. If your pumps check out okay, you could have problems within your control valve or relief valve cartridges. Check inside you control valve and relief valve cartridges for any debris or damaged O-rings cause them to malfunction or stick. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Thank you, ***** ***** try that advice

You're very welcome.