Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I spoke with you before about a komatsu with slow dipper and…

Customer Question
Hi Dan I spoke with...
Hi Dan I spoke with you before about a komatsu with slow dipper and you gave me good advice you asked for details of machine which I didn't have but I have now driver says dipper arm is slow to come in and not as much power as there should be while digging
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/20/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, It is Dan. I will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

What is the model and serial of the machine again?

Pc138Us/8
21940 serial no
2008
*****************thank for response

If that is the only function that is slow and all other functions are working properly, I would check the control valve for your dipper function to make sure the spool is moving freely within the control valve and there is no debris or any scoring or damage on the control valve spool for that function. I would also check your relief valve cartridges which should be in line with that function on the control valve. Do not change any of the adjustments when removing a relief valve cartridge but remove the full cartridge assembly. Inspect the O-rings for any damage as well as for any debris that would cause it to stick. If everything at the control valve checks out okay, check your cylinder seals for bypass of pressure by pressure testing the hydraulic cylinder. Also see if you can try to pull the weight of the machine with the hydraulics on the dipper cylinder or if they seem weak. You may want to have your pressures tested to see if all of your pressures are within specifications or if you have low pressure in that circuit. I do not have the specifications for your model and serial number but those would be covered in the service book for your machine. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.