Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Komatsu D275AX-SEO, pushing travel lever to the right in…

Customer Question
Komatsu D275AX-SEO, pushing travel...

Komatsu D275AX-SEO, pushing travel lever to the right in neutral no response until it is pushed all the way over, the same in forward, put it in reverse, and it dose the same thing, but pushing the lever to the left! Thanks *****: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Komatsu D275AX-SEO Ser.# 30237

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not at this time! Thanks!

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
2/10/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Thanks!

Power Train Electronic Control System

Smooth and soft operation

D275AX-5E0 utilizes a newly designed power train electronic control system. The controller registers the amount of operator control (movements of lever and operation of switches) along with machine condition signals from each sensor, to calculate accurately the control of the torque converter, transmission, HSS (Hydrostatic Steering System) and brakes for optimal machine operation. The ease of operation and productivity of the new D275AX-5E0 is greatly improved through these new features. ECMV (Electronic Controlled Modulation Valve) controlled transmission Controller automatically adjusts each clutch engagement depending on travel conditions such as gear speed, revolution and shifting pattern. This provides smooth shockless clutch engagement, improved component reliability, improved component life and operator ride comfort. Hydrostatic Steering System—smooth, powerful turning The Hydrostatic Steering System (HSS) is powered by an independent hydraulic pump with engine power transmitted to both tracks without power interruption on the inside track. When the machine turns, the outside track moves faster and the inside slower, for smooth, powerful turns. Counter-rotation is available for minimum turning radius providing excellent maneuverability. Shock-free steering reduces machine vibration and minimizes operator fatigue. D275AX-5E0 HSS system is equipped with a pivot turn mode switch on the dashboard. When the pivot turn mode is selected or the machine reaches the limit of HSS during a turn, the turning side brake is engaged. This results in a pivot turn with a short turning radius. Auto downshift function Controller monitors engine speed, travel gear and travel speed. When load is applied and machine travel speed is reduced, the controller automatically downshifts to optimum gear speed to provide high fuel efficiency. This function provides comfortable operation and high productivity without manual downshifting. This function can be cancelled with cancel switch. Electronic Controlled Modulation Valve (ECMV) Conventional modulation valve Time Clutch pressure F1-R1 MODE F1-R2 MODE F2-R2 MODE Press DOWN switch Press DOWN switch Press UP switch Press UP switch UP DOWN Heavy load Light load Actuated on heavy load or steep slope 4 ● Turning while dozing— the machine turns by driving the left and right tracks under power at different speeds allowing the machine to travel at the same speed as in straight dozing. ● Side cutting— when side-loading the blade, straight travel can be maintained utilizing HSS. ● On downhill slopes— the machine doesn’t require countersteering. The joystick provides the same steering response on downhill slopes as on flat ground. ● Grading— can be done efficiently without damaging the ground, because the inside track is not locked during turning.

The first thing I recommend doing is having your controls recalibrated using the Komatsu diagnostic software on a laptop as it is very possible that your controls are no longer in calibration. I would also check to see if there are any fault codes logged that would indicate a potential problem with a sensor or wiring issue etc. that also could contribute to the cause. If there are no codes and all of your wiring and sensors check out okay, I would run to the calibration process and possibly a reprogram or reflash of the ECM software. Just to be safe, check your oil level and condition to see if there is any sign of metal or any sign of internal mechanical failure occurring by looking inside your oil filters and suction screen. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.