Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Hitachi ex 55ur. From time to time, while

operating, an E appears on...
I have a Hitachi ex 55ur. From time to time, while operating, an E appears on the screen and the red warning light comes on. When this happens the throttle drops to it’s lowest RPM’s and can’t be adjusted. The temperature gage does not indicate an overheated system and no other warning lights appear. Shutting the machine off and waiting a while , I haven’t timed the wait, the machine operates properly again. Not sure what’s happening. Thanks for your help!
1/23/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

I would start by testing all of your fuses for power on both sides with the ignition switch in the on position replacing any fuse with power only on one side. If all of your fuses check good,move on to swapping your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes. If this all checks out okay , it leans towards a potential problem within the machine controller if there is no response to throttle position . Most of these machines have a bypass switch somewhere in the cab either behind the console or behind the seat to bypass the machine controller . See if when running the machine on bypass whether or not you have throttle control again which would lean more towards a problem within the machine controller. Thoroughly inspect your wiring harness and connector pins for any corrosion or damage as well. Another potential cause of no throttle response would be an engine speed sensor problem. Check at your flywheel for your engine speed sensor to verify that the wiring and connector pins check out okay and if you possibly have a failed sensor not providing engine speed signal to the controller. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Dan, Technician