Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

We have a case 650k Dozer. We are having issues with trying…

Customer Question
We have a case...

We have a case 650k Dozer . We are having issues with trying to get it to go forward. Right track will engage but left will not. They both track in reverse without problems. Wondering if it is in our hand controller?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok great!

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/22/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Thank you

Is this a series 1, 2 or 3 machine?

I just layed down for the evening
Can I call you tomorrow?

(650K) SERIES 3 CRAWLER TIER 2 - 06/20/2006 - 12/31/2008 (1/05-12/08)

(650K) SERIES 2 CRAWLER TIER 2 - 01/21/2005 - 06/16/2006 (1/05-12/08)

(650K) SERIES 1 CRAWLER - 07/01/2002 - 01/31/2005 (7/02-1/05)

No problem is we can follow up as needed on here. I will offer some initial digestions before I sleep myself for the night and we can follow up as needed.

2014 year model I believe.

Check all your fuses and relays. Be sure to test for power on both sides of each of your fuses with the ignition switch in the on position replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Swap your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes. If this all checks out okay, thoroughly inspect your wiring and connector pins between your machine controller and your forward and reverse controls for any damage or corrosion. This all checks out okay on the electrical side of the circuit, sure to check your oil level and condition as well as for any sign of metal or debris within the oil and filter that would flag a potential component for internal mechanical problem occurring. It also would not be a bad idea to have your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications for your model and serial number. Check for any metal or debris within your final drives as well that would flag a potential final drive related issue. Find any fine metal within your hydraulic oil filter and oil that looks like glitter in the oil and filter would be an indication of a potential pump or component failure occurring. You can reference the parts book catalog to access all of your parts breakdowns and component locations as well as the part numbers online for your model and serial number by going to the link below. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

PARTS

The online parts catalog is only showing this model going up to a 2008 model year. In either case, we can continue as needed on here. Let me know if there is any further help needed after you checked out my initial suggestions and followed up with the results . I am logging out for the night as well. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.