Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My JBL 2646es scissor lift would not drive. I changed a

My JBL 2646es scissor...

My JBL 2646es scissor lift would not drive

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I changed a drive motor and it worked fine just on that side I switched the motors from left to right and now the old one runs and the new one wont move I don’t think the left side is dumping the hydro fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Industrial Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Model Number 2646E2 I don’t have the serial number right now

Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2020
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Martin
Hello my name is Bradley
So from what I read above the right side motor is not working after you swapped it from the left side is that correct?
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Have you checked for hydraulic pressure getting to that right side
No I have not checked the pressure, it seems like the motor wants to run but stops after an inch or so, is it possible the dump is not working?
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
It’s possible the brake is not releasing it may not be getting pressure to release the brake it will be the small hose on the back of the motor I would check pressure there the brake is spring applied and hydraulic released
Is that the piston that locks the wheel through the hole in the hub, if so it is released
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
The motor that is not working now worked on the left side correct
both motors check out and run on the left side
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

It has to be an issue on the right side then let me look at a hydraulic schematic this is a JLG lift correct

it is thanks
that’s the one
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Have you tried swapping the dump solenoid with another solenoid?

No I haven’t, does the dump solenoid work for all functions?
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Bradley Thanks for your help, I will check out your suggestions tomorrow or Saturday
Do I save and continue this conversation?
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

We can just keep it open until we have fixed the issue

and your welcome

Great have a good night
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

You do the same

Bradley Martin
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Any update today?
Bradley, I will work on it tomorrow, without interruption. And email you if I have a question thanks
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Ok sounds good
Brad
I’ve been testing things all day, the left drive wheel is fine and the right one wants to move but does not, it’s like I’m hitting a wall on the relief side of the hydro motor, the hydro schematic does not clearly show the path of fluid
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
We might need to T in a gauge and see what kind of pressure is going to the right motor do you have any gauges we can use to test pressure
I don’t have any hydro gauges, I am an electrician I might be able to borrow one from a friend on Monday
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Ok it needs to be a gauge that will handle up to 3500 psi and we will need a T fitting to plumb in-line with the hoses going to the motor to check and see what kind of pressures we are getting to that sideIf you don’t see anything wrong with the valves it’s down to seeing what kind of pressures are going to the motorDoes it raise and steer ok?
al the other functions work fine, I pulled the valves and they look fine also
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Ok what about first and second speed will the motor turn on first speed
It wont run on either speed but the other side runs on both
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
What about pulling the motor off the wheel with the hydraulic lines still hooked up and trying to work it then
We pulled both wheel and we have it block up so there is no resistance
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Ok let’s check pressure next
Ok gonna go have a couple of beers sometimes that jogs the brain, I’ll send you a message when I get the gauges, enjoy the weekend
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Ok sounds good I will let you know if I can think of anything else you have a good weekend as well
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago

Any update?

The guy with the gauges is coming Friday morning
I'll let you know what we find
Thanks
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
Ok sounds good
Bradley my friend came by with the gauge the pressures were fine, we pulled the solenoid valves on at a time, on had picked up a piece of metal filing and was stuck, we rebuilt it and the lift runs fine now.
Thanks for all your help
Fred
Mechanic: Bradley Martin,
 replied 2 years ago
That’s great glad you got it going let me know if you need anymore help with anything
That's for your help
I'll write a nice review