Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Kubota BX24 with an LA240 loader and BT601 backhoe.

I have a Kubota...

I have a Kubota BX24 with an LA240 loader and BT601 backhoe. When I started it today the loader is not moving at all but the backhoe is running fine

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model is BX24 not sure on serial number

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I need to fix it myself since i live on an island I have tried to build pressure and I have disconnected/reconnected all hyrolic hoses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I dont know anymore

1/16/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Thanks Dan. Let me know what you learn

Start by verifying your hydraulic oil level is within specifications and topped off. If this all checks out okay, look for any dark or discolored oil as well as any signs of metal or debris and trash within the oil that would potentially flag and internal mechanical failure or problem occurring that would require further disassembly for inspection for repair or rebuild. If you have confirmed good oil supply to your front loader attachment control valve, you could have a relief valve within the control valve that is bypassing oil and not allowing the loader circuit to reach circuit pressure. Remove and inspect the relief valve cartridges for any damaged O-rings or any debris that would cause them to stick open and malfunction bypassing pressure. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Oil is goodCan you confirm what part the relief valve is. Is it where it comes out of the central "box" and goes to the lines or the two big plugs with the number on it

The cartridge with the white and blue label and the one beside it both look like relief valve cartridges.

Thanks I think this is the source. In the pick below the control arm is in lower and dump. On the left valve the gold ring is traveling with the spring. On the right one the gold ring is staying in the assembly and not moving
Two questions. Which one is broken and how do I remove or fix the broken one
The picture is very hard to see can you try to get some clearer pictures.??
Actually those look like your spools. Those are the springs that center the spool when you are not working a function. That would not be your relief valves. I'm out on the road at the moment but I will have to check the Kubota parts book online 2 get the breakdown for the relief valves once I get back to the shop later on this evening.
That's your control valve spools. Those springs will only work with the end caps on.when the spool shifts side to side that spring tension actually forces the spool back to the neutral position. As long as those spools you can move a little bit each direction. I Would not pull them out all the way. You just want to make sure that the spools will move and that there is no broken springs or hardware on either side.
Got it. I'll wait to hear

BX24d pump and relief. Click below.

Click on this link to access the full parts catalog to use as reference.

PARTS.

You will then click on illustrated parts list, then type in your model information to access the catalog. This will enable you to be able to see all of your parts breakdowns and diagrams as well as all your part numbers.

I'm not even sure where the pump is. This may be over my head. Also if pump is bad would backhoe still work?One other I forgot. This happened after I changed the battery. Could I have blown somethingOr accidentally disconnected something electrical

Could you do me a big favor?. There are three different models in play here. You have the tractor model, then the two attachments are both separate models. When I look up the front loader in the parts link I provided it does not show the separate control valve to control the front loader attachment. When I go into the tractor parts catalog, it is showing the hydraulics for the three point hitch. If you could get some pictures of your tractor from different angles as well as your hydraulic piping for the front loader bucket and control valve so I can see it on the tractor from an operator standpoint, it would be helpful. I have to run to pick up my daughter in a few moments but I will be logged in this evening as well to be able to look up and research some stuff further for you. Those pictures would be helpful since you are running two separate attachments.

Thank you for the photos. So that control linkage is coming down from your control lever for your front bucket on to the hydraulic control valve.... I would retrace your steps with the new information about potentially disconnecting or shorting something electrical. Be sure to check all of your fuses and relays...
Checked all fuses in the box you see in picWhere are relays?
I am actually mobile right now in the middle of a northeastern snow storm at a park and ride on my cell phone.I am leaving shortly to go over to the hospital ER because my left arm is going numb and unfortunately I do not have access to the parts manuals with my cell phone. If you click on the parts link that I provided and enter your model and serial number.... It will give you access to every electrical component on your tractor.When I get back later tonight from the ER as I don't know how long I will be there but when I get back if you still haven't found them in the parts book I will be able to look them up for you then.
I hope you are ok. Also just solved the issuePlease take care of yourself

Thank you so much for your kind words. Greatly appreciated. Apparently there is this thing called the ulnar nerve. I have to follow up with the orthopedic professional for treatment. Sounds like there is some good news on your end. Glad to hear that you got this resolved. What did you ultimately find with this? Very interested to hear the results.

I am glad it was not the really bad reason for a numb arm. Good luck with thatAs for remedy I am embarrassed and confused. I was hunting everywhere for relays and even found one in line. While looking behind the seat I noticed one couple to the backhoe was half connected. As soon I remedied the loader worked. I never looked at backhoe since all functions worked but it was a hell of a lesson

I am very happy it was not the bad reason as well. I was a bit concerned initially. It still looks like it is going to be a process to get this resolved but definitely treatable and possible surgery on the elbow. I am also happy to hear that you got this resolved. I would check that coupling a bit closer as well to make sure it is not worn out and locks the fitting in snug without any leaks. There's always a chance it could of been disconnected at one point for one reason or another. It is been a pleasure working with you on this.

Dan, Technician
I will check it. Thank you for all your help. I consider this closed.