Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

I have a Bobcat 863 with codes 04-21 and 05-21 bobcat will…

Customer Question
I have a Bobcat 863...
I have a Bobcat 863 with codes 04-21 and 05-21 bobcat will move, but arms and bucket will not work.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
1/10/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

What is your serial number of your machine?

Sadly I don’t have it it ripped off a while ago and I cannot find it on the frame anywhere. I do know it’s a 2005 863.I have replaced the hydraulic pressure sensor and I still have the code. I check the harness and I know I have good ground to pins B and C and pin A has 1.6 volts

The first thing I would check is for power on both sides of all of your fuses with the ignition on testing with a voltage tester and replacing any fuse with power only on one side. Swap your relays one at a time with a known good one for testing purposes. If you have confirmed all of this checks out good, check all of your safety interlock switches and wiring for problems. If any of these switches or wiring have an open circuit or a problem, your functions will be disabled by the controller. The sensors work on an 8v sensor supply voltage that comes from the controller. A bad senso in the circuit could throw off faults in other circuits as well if the controller sees out of spec return signals. The seat bar sensor,charge pressure sensor,eng oil pressure, eng coolant temp sensor, RH PWM (paddle switch), etc. all work on the same 8v system, problem is a faulty sensor can cause a fault in another sensor. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

I have already checked the fuses and relays first place I looked. Where is the safety interlock switches located? Okay well I’m definitely not getting 8 volts to the pressure sensor do you have a wiring diagram of how the voltage gets there so I can comb through the harness.

I have a link to an 853 manual that will most likely be helpful with some schematics.

Manual

Click on the word manual above in my last post and it will bring you to the complete manual. The schematics are in that manual.