Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

My 1986 963 track loader the boom goes up slow the bucket is…

Customer Question
My 1986 963 track...

My 1986 963 track loader the boom goes up slow the bucket is quick

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

963 an 21z0045

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes replaced pilot valve

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 2 days by:
1/6/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hello! Let's see if we can work together and come to a satisfactory conclusion!

Ok

Is the valve spool for the boom function moving full travel? Will the boom hold the load with the lever in neutral? Speed is the oil flow to the cylinders, so flow is slow.

Just came back online. Do you still want the call?

No

OK>

the boom holds an the bucket woks as it should which makes me think it’s not the pump

Check the linkage to be sure the valve spool is being moved full travel by the hand lever or pilot valve,