Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Story short Deere 850c caught fire. Replaced rops wiring…

Customer Question
Long story short John...

Long story short John Deere 850c caught fire. Replaced rops wiring harness, fixed the wiring to all the rotary sensors and ohm tested them. Tested good within reason....got the dozer running but it won't move and when it decides to the right track only moves forward and for about 10ft. It will throw codes f648,f673,f655,f653,f677,f675. All relating to hydrostatic pumps and final drives. Also the dozer will not read rpms. The dozer will go into tcm Cal mode but won't go past the step of decelerating the dozer all the way I'm guessing because it won't read rpms. I replaced the hydrostatic speed sensor hoping to fix that and nothing happened...1) does the rpm read out get displayed by the tcm? 2) with all the codes getting thrown would that be an indication of a bad tcm? 3) is each pin in the connection end of the tcm supposed to ohm to the casing of the tcm?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Construction Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

That about covers it I believe

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
Answered in 2 days by:
1/5/2020
Mechanic: Keiphun Sowell, Owner Brothers Restoration/Troubleshoot replied 2 years ago
Keiphun Sowell
Keiphun Sowell, Owner Brothers Restoration/Troubleshoot
Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
How experienced are you with advanced wire replacement and troubleshooting?
I can get by. None of the wiring itself changed. Took out the burnt rops wiring harness and replaced it with a good identical one. The dozer now starts right up with the key, both the neutral safety sensors I replaced obviously work back up beeper, horn, dash lights, functions, everything works besides rpm read out and movement of the dozer....that's why I'm leaning towards the tcm being bad...no one has been able to confirm if the rpm read out gets displayed by the tcm or if all the pins to the tcm are supposed to ohm to the case. Minus the power wire to the tcm that one doesn't ohm which is correct. I don't have access to wiring schematics or I wouldn't be here and John Deere isn't willing to give out info
Okay let me review. Will respond as soon as I have everything gathered for you. Thanks