Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Cannot get the pins to release on the quick attachment.

Customer Question
Cannot get the pins...

Cannot get the pins to release on the quick attachment

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

420dit, don’t know the serial number

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, there is no hydraulic going to the bucket attachment

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is no fluid coming from the main valve to the front

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Construction and Road Equipment
12/31/2019
Mechanic: catmastertech, Technician replied 2 years ago
catmastertech
catmastertech, Technician

Hey, sorry to hear you are having these problems. I know that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can get you back to work quickly. I see no one could help you earlier, and I hope this is not too late to be helpful. Please note that I am not set up for phone calls, you can ignore the site pop-ups. We can post to this chat as much as you like to work through this issue. All experts are not employees, and we work from home in our spare time to answer questions.

Is this a CAT Backhoe Loader? If so, we really need the serial number due to all the different configurations used in building the D series.

I am guessing this one has the solenoid control, try inspecting the frame on the inner right side by the battery box and next to the engine. Some had the solenoids and relays mounted there and they got damaged easily.