Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

Need help with tractor tech. I’ve used your service before…

Need help with tractor...

Need help with tractor tech

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll do all I can to help. Can you tell me more about what's going on?

I’ve used your service before and would like to contact your service expert on JD 310 D backhoe won’t start issue

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

TC 310DA780161 chassis and TO 4039D357”392 engine

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes and have tried bleeding fuel filter and high pressure value

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Construction Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Was running fine till I ran it out of gas and after filling with 12 gallons can’t get it to run

12/30/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Did you fill the fuel filters fresh clean fuel when installed?

replaced fuel filter and bled filter at these locations . Still won't start
c89534ae-f996-44ca-802e...jpegc89534...jpegc7497d9a-7d96-494b-9d08...jpegc7497d...jpeg562855f1-d3c1-474e-8208...jpeg562855...jpegec090085-18b8-4473-b23a...jpegec0900...jpeg

Thank you for the response.

Crack all the lines loose at the injectors, crank the engine over 10-15 second intervals, resting 15 seconds, not to burn the starter out.

When you see all fuel, no bubbles, tighten the lines, hold the throttle wide open and start

the engine, hold the throttle to floor unit the engine runs smooth.

I hope this helps you.

Wayne, Journeyman
Ok I'll give it a shot in the morning . Thxs.

You're very welcome.

Happy New Year !!