Construction and Road Equipment

Construction and road equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic ASAP

After rebuilding lift cylinder bucket not level 753 bobcat.

After rebuilding lift cylinder...

After rebuilding lift cylinder bucket not level 753 bobcat

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

753h sl###-##-####

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes havent tried anything yet

No
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/4/2019
Mechanic: Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Traige Tech replied 2 years ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Traige Tech

Hi I’m Mike and I am a technician here on Just Answer and I hope you are having a great day, and will do my very best to get you back up and running as soon as possible and will answer any questions you may have . You will be prompted to accept a phone service, I personally do not offer this but you are welcome to take this and I or another technician will call . I am sorry that you are having issues and I know that this can be frustrating. Please understand that I am here to help. I have scattered availability during the day in the week but I am available most weekends. I am a user of this site just like you and use it on my spare time away from work and family to help people like yourself out.

Was the piston replaced in the cylinder? Is it not sitting level with the ground? Thanks

The Piston was not replaced and the unit is sitting level on the groundthe piston was not replaced and the unit is sitting level on the ground

Are you saying that the bucket cylinder is drifting?

what do you mean by drifting

Like going down on its own.

no, it is not drifting. the bucket is higher on one side than the other. Am I being charged $26.00 right now for this conversation?If you call me how much is the total cost?

All payment questions I would refer you to customer service. I do not handle anything with that. Thank you for giving some more information on this issue. The lift cylinder will not effect the bucket side to side angle as being level with the machine. I would check the side bearings in the arms to make sure one of them are not worn out.

The bucket was level before the lift cylinder was re built. If there is air in one of the cylinders could it cause the bucket to be un level?

The air will purge itself out after use, the lift cylinder is attached in the middle of the bucket and the only things that keep it level are the lower bolts and bushings in the arms. The bucket cylinder only lifts on the bucket.

there are 2 lift arm cylinders one on right and one on left. one was re sealed and one was not. now the bucket is not level and it was before. the cylinder that tilts the bucket was not touched.

Okay, Crack the lower line on the lift cylinder that was resealed and keep tapping the pedal until fluid comes out and there is no air. Then try it again, Those arms do not usually have that much flex in them due to the crossovers in front near the bucket. This will help purge the air out of the system.

Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, Shop Foreman/Traige Tech